Monday, January 9, 2012

Book Review: George Muller


I bought this book in 2009, while I was in Texas. However, aside from the flight home, I hadn't really devoted a lot of time to reading it. I picked it up again 5 or 6 weeks ago, and I found that I couldn't put it down. Arthur T. Pierson  skillfully tells the true story of a man who relied fully on God. George Muller, the book's subject, spent his life praying with great faith, and he watched God provide every single need. Honestly, this book has forced me to reevaluate my version of "faith". Yes, I trust God. Yes, I believe that He has saved my soul. But do I really, truly believe that He is my sole provider? Do I lean on Him for everything? Absolutely everything? I've been especially challenged by his views on personal finances. George Muller chose to live as simply as possible so that every extra cent could go to the Lord's work. He refused to pour his income into a retirement fund, because he knew that the Lord would provide. Wow. Let's just say this book is causing me to seriously reevaluate my prayer life, my faith, my finances, and my focus. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment